Frequently Asked Questions
The South Texas Alpha Derby Weekend is anchored by four events:
- FRIDAY, May 3rd, our Kickoff Social – All Black-Themed Event (9 PM – 1 AM) – Hilton Garden Inn – San Antonio – Live Oak (8101 Pat Booker Road)
- SATURDAY, May 4th, the South Texas Alpha Derby at the Retama Park Racetrack (3 PM – 7 PM)
- SATURDAY NIGHT, May 4th, the South Texas Alpha Derby at the Retama Park Racetrack (9:30 PM – 1:30 AM)
- SUNDAY, May 5th, the Alpha Jazz Brunch at the Retama Park Racetrack (10 AM – 1 PM)
- The Retama Park Racetrack (1 Retama Park, Selma, TX 78154)
- Hilton Garden Inn-San Antonio-Live Oak (8101 Pat Booker Rd, Live Oak, TX 78233)
- FRIDAY – It’s a party! DJ, bar area, indoor venue, limited seating. This is an “All Black-themed” event, so please try to adhere to the theme. “Grown and Sexy” would certainly apply – whatever that means to you.
- SATURDAY – Big Hats/Fascinators/Bowties are the order of the day. Basically derby-themed attire.
- SATURDAY NIGHT – It’s another official derby party! A quick change into something comfortable and party ready!
- SUNDAY – Well, it IS Sunday… Your Sunday best is appropriate.
Friday 9 PM, Saturday 3:00 PM, Sunday 10 AM
I PURCHASED MY TICKET FROM SOMEONE ELSE. THEY SIMPLY FORWARDED THEIR CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO ME TO TRANSFER IT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Have the full email exchange handy.
Not for 2019. But please submit all requests to email@example.com for future consideration.
Yes. The NBC feed will be piped through the venue and on the television screens. Race begins at 5:34 PM and last just two minutes. After that, we’re right back to the party!